Thursday, March 3, 2011

Preparing for culinary school...

Even before I began culinary school in September, I had already attempted and pulled off several dinners, buffets and catering opportunities for my family. One of these such experiences was the day before my rehearsal dinner when 23 family members came over to celebrate my husband and my impending marriage.

This was the menu:
Appetizer: Asian coleslaw with grilled shrimp (bought prepared, I'm allergic to shrimp)
Entree: Soy glazed salmon with chowmein, bell peppers, spinach and green beans.
Dessert: Apple tarte tartin and brownies.

 This meal was extremely simple to prepare which was necessary because of the amount of people and time decorating that took place. Here are some pictures of this event:





The last picture is of the incredibly beautiful table scape that was designed by Michael Schluter, our friend and designer. The table was so large (for so many people) that there was a hole in the center that he filled with a surfboard! Extremely creative. The entire night was incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment